Picnic Cinema Online
Captain Picnic’s Isolation Party
Join us on Facebook Live and Netflix
Saturday 25th April 2020
8pm Facebook Live
9pm Netflix Party
FILM: Groundhog Day (PG)
CLOTHING: Dig out your finest 90’s attire, groundhog memorabilia, suits and top-hats or just your favorite jammies.
Picnic Cinema are taking our outdoor cinema indoors for a special one off Facebook Live streaming. We have cooked up some of our signature entertainment for you all, including our regular quiz and audience interviews.
Then we will be heading over to our Netflix Party. The film is available to stream on Netflix for free, or if you don’t have a Netflix Account it is available to rent via Amazon or Youtube Premium. To join the Netflix party you need to install the Netflix Party plug in, and then join via the link which will be given out as part of the live stream.
HOW TO JOIN
1. Dig out your finest fancy dress, camping chairs and Picnic Basket, and head to our facebook live stream at 8pm on Saturday 25th April 2020
2. Decorate your screen in traditional Picnic Cinema attire, think red curtains and adornments.
3. Get your quiz team together.
4. We would like to interview some of you for our infamous audience interviews! If you would like to get involved then simply record a quick video of yourself, introducing yourself and where in the world you are, and tell us how you have been handling lockdown so far. Send your video to us on Facebook and we will get back in touch to interview the most interesting people 😉
5. We are challenging you to re-create your favourite 90’s movie scenes in our Picnic Cinema Challenge (see below), get creative!
6. After the live stream head over to our Netflix Party at 9pm. You will need to make sure you have installed the Netflix Party plug in on Google Chrome to join.
Picnic Cinema Challenge
Inspired by the #BetweenArtandQuantine challenge (demostrated skillfully by @thatdarnchelsea from Reddit) we are challenging you to recreate your favourite 90’s movie at home either with a still image or a short clip. Head to our Facebook page for some 90’s movie inspiration.
It’s simple, just find an image or short clip from your fave movie, dress your set, find some similar clothing, prop yourself out and get shooting!
Send us your images via Facebook Messenger, or on Whatsapp via our dedicated Picnic Cinema Hotline 07519161730, and if you are sharing them online use the #PicnicCinemaChallenge so we can see them! We will be sharing our favourites as part of our live feed.
Eden Arts are the arts charity that run Picnic Cinema and what your Picnic Cinema ticket income helps to support. Our projects include Cine North community cinema scheme and Winter Droving festival.
The Trussell Trust are working to stop UK hunger and poverty.
The event is free to watch on Facebook and if you have a Netflix account the film is available to stream. You can also purchase the film on Amazon or Youtube Premium.
All donations will be split equally between the two charities.